| 0 comments ]

This weekend is definitely not so frugal. Last night, five of us went to The Capital Grille. The meal was awesome, but it ended up being just under $100 for each person!! And that was with the $50 gift certificate that my boyfriend had. Probably not the best decision, right?

I'm justifying it in my mind because we went and had a great, expensive dinner and then went to a cheap bar for a couple beers and then went home. As opposed to most people on Halloween that go out and have a cheaper dinner but spend tons of money in a bar. We wanted to avoid the masses and keep it low key and I'm thinking that I probably spent the same amount of money as I would have if we went to dinner then to the pub crawl through Georgetown. And it was much more relaxing.

One a side note, my boyfriend and a couple other people wanted a bottle of wine with dinner. He asked for something "moderately priced." My jaw fell open when the waiter suggested a $60 bottle. And I think I went into shock when they finally agreed on an $85 bottle. My friend's boyfriend and I don't drink wine and made comments all through dinner about the sacrifices the other were going to have to make because they wanted that wine. It's probably a good thing that I don't drink wine!

And tonight will be even more money because we're going out to dinner with friends for my boyfriend's birthday and then to some other bars. And my bf wants a Nintendo DS Lite and I can't decide if I should get him one. It is his birthday, but that's a lot of money. It' $130 for the unit and $40 for the game he wants. Aah....decision, decision.

0 comments

Post a Comment