| 0 comments ]

Bonnaroo tickets go on sale at noon today. I can't decide if I'm going to go this year. Actually, I don't even know if my school schedule will even allow me to go this year. But the lineup looks good and they always add acts as it gets closer to the festival.


The big drawback is the price. They sell tickets in three blocks and each block has a different price. So, the first block of tickets is sold at $224.50 a ticket and when those are sold out, the next block is sold at $234.50 a ticket and when those are gone, all the other tickets are sold at $249.50 a ticket. And then every ticket sold has a $23.10 fee added onto it. And shipping is $10 per order. That's a lot of money!!

Even if I got a ticket from the first block, the total would be $257.60. But if I wait until the first two blocks are sold out (which will happen very quickly), the total will be $282.60. All that money and I don't even know if I could go. I also don't know if I could sell the ticket and recoup my cost. Ah....decision, decisions.

Actually going to the festival means a lot more money than just the ticket, too. I'd have to get all the food together, pay gas to get down there (it's 10 hours away), and pay for things in the festival like food and drinks (it's way too long of a walk to go back to your car to eat....you may miss some bands that you really want to see).

But on the other hand, it's a 4 day festival (actually like 4 and a half days because there's some acts on Wednesday night) and it's tons of fun. Maybe I'll buy a ticket just in case. And if I get a cheap ticket from the first block, then I have a better chance at making my money back if I have to resell it.

Is that a bad decision?

0 comments

Post a Comment