| 0 comments ]

I just got an offer on one of my credit cards for an interest free balance transfer. There's no interest until March 1, 2010. Not a bad deal, huh? This is a card that I've paid off and don't really use. I'm contemplating doing it, but I don't think that I should. I pay my credit card off every month, so I would just transfer my balance at the end of the month and then throw that money into my ING account to earn interest. And there's a 3% fee on the balance transfer, so if I transferred $3,000, I would pay a $90 fee.

Also, I'm hoping to move in the next 6 to 8 months or so. It's probably not such a good idea to be putting a high balance on a credit card. Mortgage lenders don't really care if it's interest free, it's still debt.

So, there you have it. I'm not going to do it. It's very tempting, though!!

0 comments

Post a Comment