| 1 comments ]

My friend asked me an interesting question today: should I stop contributing to my 401K and pay off my car?

That kind of boggled my mind, but she figures that if she's probably going to lose a large portion of the money if she puts it in her 401K, then she might as well pay off her car loan. Hmmmm...not a bad thought. But she'd also give up her company matching contribution to her 401K. I told her that that alone would mean that she's leaving some money on the table. And currently, she's only putting 4% into her 401K, so she isn't at the maximum match that he company will contribute.

She's going to stick with the 401K. I think that's a good choice.

Does anyone have a different opinion?

1 comments

Anonymous said... @ March 12, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Yes, it's cool, and useful for me
Fidelity 401k

Post a Comment