| 0 comments ]

            So, the post about how I just paid a huge bill in because I'm impatient got me thinking about other ways that I'm awful with money. Here's a few (I'm sure there's more):

            • I've never balanced my checkbook. I never saw a reason too. I always have a general idea about how much is in my account, so I don't keep track of what's going in and out. Now that all of this information is online, I check that quite often and peruse through it to see if anything looks out of whack.
            • I don't pay myself first. When I get paid, I look at what money was left at the end of the previous pay period and move that over to my ING Direct account. I think that's safer than paying yourself first and possibly running low on funds. Of course, that could probably be avoided if I balanced my checkbook, right?
            • I'm not a DIYer. I'm awful at home improvement type stuff. I'd gladly pay someone to do something for me in order to avoid the hassle. Usually if I try to do something, I make it worse and it costs me more money in the long run. I'm more than willing to pay for convenience.
            • I've never lived off a budget. I've made them before, but never actually tried to keep to them. I'm thinking of trying, but there's always something fun that comes up that I can't say no to. Maybe I'll work on this.
            • I'm an impulse buyer. Sometimes I just get the urge for something and go out and buy it. I have restraint for the most part, but there's definitely times when I just want something regardless.

            So, there it is. Lots of flaws (and probably a lot more I haven't admitted to)

            0 comments

            Post a Comment