| 0 comments ]

Forbes has an article that ranks Washington DC as the best place in the world to buy real estate in 2009!! That kind of boggles my mind that it's ranked higher than NYC and London. Their main focus is that there's been such a boost in government spending that those jobs around here are very secure. And all the people filling new positions will need a place to live. It goes on to point out that the unemployment rate in DC is 4.1% when the national average is 7.2%. Pretty impressive!!

I'm actually very interested in buying a new condo within the next 6 months. I have to admit that I'm a little gun shy about the whole thing, though. I think it's definitely a gamble since we don't know if the market will continue to decline or not. And in the meantime, the value of my condo is declining...ugh. I've got quite a bit to do to get my condo in selling condition, so it won't be for a little while. I just hope it doesn't lose so much value that selling it would put me in the red!!

0 comments

Post a Comment