| 0 comments ]

For some reason, when I connected my Blackberry Storm to my laptop, my laptop did not like it at all. It froze up, wouldn't boot sometimes, and when it would, the wireless card wouldn't work. I did some troubleshooting and tried uninstalling the card and then reinstalling it and trying to update the drivers, but nothing worked. And then I was prompted to do a Windows update. I hadn't done one in a long time, so I went through all that. In the end, it said the update couldn't be completed and it would be backed out. That's fine, right? Well at the end of backing all that out, it said that everything couldn't be replaced and Windows XP may not operate correctly.

Ugh.

So, I knew that when I rebooted that it probably wasn't going to work. I wasn't planning on rebooting, but I was focused on homework and when I was prompted to reboot, I clicked OK without even thinking. Now it's dead. It turns on, but nothing boots. It did once and said that there was a fatal hardware failure and the system is halted.

Since I take classes online and I have a meeting tomorrow night and an exam on Saturday to study for, I just bought a new laptop at BestBuy. It's a Dell Inspiron and cost me $750 total. Sh!t. I didn't see this coming. I've got the money, but I like to plan for large purchases like that.

On the other hand, I can't really complain because I've been using corporate laptops for 8 years. I haven't had to buy one of my own because it's always been provided by work and they don't really care what I do on it. So, I guess it was just time to have one of my own?

0 comments

Post a Comment